This week we start talking about common schema by Shlomi Noach. Ear Candy is some caveats about GTIDs and replication, and At the Movies is using jQuery, AJAX and PHP to insert data into MySQL.
In the news, the OurSQL podcast will change to a monthly format after episode 200. We love doing the podcast, but it is very time consuming and production is expensive. We will still bring quality episodes, they will just be spaced further apart.
Common Schema Google Code page
Installation section of the common schema documentation.
- Process Routines - stored routines managing query, session and process information & workflow
- General Routines - stored routines mostly dealing with checksums
- crc64() - returns a crc64 checksum of the data given
- query_checksum() - return a checksum of the results of the query specified
- shorttime_to_seconds - converts human readable "short times" like 1h, 45m, and so on to a number of seconds
- Query Analysis Routines - takes in the name of a schema and an object (event, routine, SQL statement or view) and returns a summary of the objects the given object involves, the type and schema for each dependent object
CALL common_schema.get_routine_dependencies( 'common_schema', 'get_routine_dependencies'); +-------------+--------------------+-----------+------+ | schema_name | object_name | object_type | action | +-------------+--------------------+-----------+------+ | common_schema | get_sql_dependencies | procedure | call | | mysql | proc | table | select | +-------------+--------------------+-----------+------+ 2 rows in set (0.07 sec)
- Schema Analysis Routines
- Security Routines
- duplicate_grantee() - create a new user with the same privileges as an existing user
- grant_access() - grant SELECT and EXECUTE on common_schema items to the user listed
- match_grantee() - match a specified user@host with an entry in the mysql.user table
For example, from PROCESSLIST:
SELECT id, common_schema.mysql_grantee(user, host) FROM information_schema.processlist;
- mysql_grantee() - return a qualified, valid mysql user from the information given
- security_audit() - find unsecure accounts
- Date and Time Routines
- Charting Routines
In this week's ear candy we discuss replication challenges with GTIDs.
At the movies
This week in at the movies, we present a video on how to Insert Data Into MySQL Database using jQuery + AJAX + PHP
Where you can see us
Sheeri will be at the July Boston MySQL User Group on Monday, July 14th, where we'll have David Berube talking about "Improving Your Database Designs with Practical Database Theory"..
Gerry will be at the July Seattle MySQL User Group on Monday, July 14th.
Sheeri will be attending the TDWI Executive Summit in Boston from Sunday July 20th through Wednesday July 23rd.
Gerry will be attending OSCon 2014 from Sunday July 20th through Thursday July 24th.